On a needlessly bitter night.

She said I’m sorry.

I’m sorry.

That I am going to return your heart now. Thank you very much, it was all warm and fluffy but, nah. Really not my kinda heart. I know we made a million promises and pretty much sealed the deal but you know how flighty women tend to be. And it’s a really good heart too, you know. Its all red and bloody. You can try it on someone else. I’m sure you’ll find someone better to take care of it. To keep it in pristine shape and not poke it every once in a while just to see if it could withstand the trauma. I’m sure there will be someone who can keep it warmer and fluffier than I did. You know its okay. I think I will pass, I think you should try someone else. So thankoo very much for the test drive, but it really… I’m sorry. Just not what I’m looking for anymore.

Then she rolled her eyes and walked away.

Therefore:

FOR SALE

Second-Hand Heart.

Misses a beat every once in a while.

Refuses to pump any blood on certain dates of the year. Also at other few, but random occasions.

Contracts to a quarter of its size every time the wind comes bearing the fragrance of a certain ladies perfume. (Name Of product withheld for reasons of making a good impression)

Certain songs hamper its normal functionality to an alarming degree.

Great ‘fix’er up’ opportunity.

A good Heart really, all red and bloody!!.

Please expect it to refuse to respond every time a romantic gesture is performed towards it or demanded of it. It simply will not acquiesce to any demands of repeating previously conducted operations.

<>“ITS WARM AND FLUFFY!!!”
Previous owner.

References Available Upon Request.

Limited time offer, second-hand hearts have severely limited shelf life.

Comments

naked feet said…
you're funny :)


and you confused my wisdom (heh) with despondance.. you'll get to my place eventually give it time
naked feet said…
well i'll keep a seat empty for the next time you swing to my side of the merry go round :)
Xeb said…
It takes a certain type of strength to look at the funny side of heart-ache! :P

Second-hand hearts are sometimes much much nicer than new ones. They usually have a lot more in them to give! Best of luck... may the next owner be a little kinder :)
Xeb said…
My pleasure... I'm linking your blog to mine [if you don't mind]. Keep writing, I look forward to reading some more.
G said…
lol, if its cool water ill choke
expressome said…
how i landed up at this post...today again, out of the blue...i dunno...
we (u and me) try to find the irony in such heart wrenching situations as well...at times its disgusting and at times its ridiculously funny...like-no reason-at-all-for-laughing-but-im-still-laughing kind of funny.

Popular Posts