The pot head's theory of relativity

Woman: Yaaaaaaaaaaar its fuckin weird man. Like, when I'm stoned I'm just okay, u know, i dun give a shit about the shittiness of the day anymore. (this on the day she wrecks her car.)

Man: That's denial yo, escapism. This is the narcotic equivalent of sweeping the dust under the carpet. You're covering up your problems with intoxication. (This after passing the joint to her, while she takes a long drag)

Woman: yeah but that's what i do when I'm sober too, you know? I act all okay and happy and cool when I'm actually fucking miserable. When I smoke up, and that heaviness gathers up in the back of my head, I'm not miserable anymore. (She takes another hit, and another till the joint disappears into smoke and ash between her fingers)

Man: But are you happy? (he has already unloaded another palmful of tobacco)

Woman: No... not as such... but.... its like,Okay, you know? Like it doesn't really matter? I'm not miserable any more but I don't feel the need to pretend to be happy anymore either.

Man: So, you're better off stoned than sober?

Woman: Maybe... am I? Are you?

Man: I look at it this way...(lodges a bit of weed onto a pair of moustache scissors)... when i'm sober, I can fake happiness...(watches the weed melt off the scissors and bond itself to the tobacco in his hand) ...When I'm stoned I can forsake it.

Woman: (smiles quietly)

Man: (Lights up)

Comments

discopapaya said…
ah.

been sober for four days.

that ends tomorrow.

moustache scissors? i use a nail file. it has now been named the 'pokey'.

this post makes me grin, and i guess only our kinds will really know why.
expressome said…
it doenst make me grin. are u deteriorating? i have never acted like an overly concerned individual and said anything like taht to you ever before but reading the past few posts, i can say....its hurting. kya hogaya?
expressome said…
it doesnt make me grin.
are u deteriorating?
I have never acted like an overly concerned individual and have never said anything like this to you before...but reading the past few posts...is hurting. kya hogaya?
naked feet said…
hey you!!

your posts have become disturbing!!

and i cannot believe you subscribe to trashy sensationalist lahori video tabloid.. tsk tsk

good to read good ole blogger again tho
discopapaya said…
shes back from the dead!

:D:D

your word verifications are really hard. i keep getting them wrong.
funny (in a sad way) how most of us are faking happiness...

you always make me miss getting stoned and having these pseudo profound discussions.
Rude Awakenings said…
ahhhhh... sober 2 + months!!!

i'm one of those dumb stoners.. i either can laugh my ass off or drown into self introspection.

happiness forsaken? indeed.
faking happiness..mmm..

nice blogging btw.
flick said…
to drown into the depths of true emotions is better than to fake or forsake.


...phir zeher hai ya aab-e-hayaat.
...maira to hai!

Popular Posts