Progress, my ass.

Man. Technology is so unfair. There was a time not so long ago when I was spending 20 bucks a day on phone cards for one hour worth of romantic conversation molested by static. Now I find out that they have a 5 dollar card that gives you over a hundred minutes. That’s just so wrong. I would have been a rich man, if only they had this fucking card back then. Richer still if I hadn’t been involved in an LDR.
If I didn’t smoke, I’d be a fucking millionaire by now. I’ve hardly spent any money on weed ever, it has always been arranged somehow without monetary contributions from me. I did once sell an IKEA gift card to buy a pound but then that still wasn’t my money, more like my computer table. And I haven’t drunk enough when I did drink to consider that expense as a life changing one. Never paid for sex or wasted a red cent on gambling.
So out of all the intoxicating addictions I’ve fallen prey to, love has been the most expensive one.
There’s got to be a lesson in there somewhere.
But I hafta say, you do get what you pay for. At least, for an instant. That instant, in which you dial the several dozen numbers needed to make the connection, and a sleepy yet loving voice from a different time zone greets you, and you feel like turning to mush and dripping out of your clothes despite the croaky crackle thanks to overloaded networks, is worth more than anything that money could have bought.
Possibly worth more even than a blood red Ferrari.
But still, it pisses me off.
Half the price for almost twice the time.
Hell at this cost, I could have had two LDR’s and still saved enough for Fire House steak’s every night with a locally located chick on the side, prefferably a blonde. Who can grind like a spaniard.
Or financed that damn silver Audi that almost made me drool.
Or bought a ring that couldn’t be returned if for nothing else than for how much it could be re-sold for.
Progress is ruthless. Just like life. And soiled underwear. Forgotten sexy shoes with ankle straps and stiletto heels too.
FUCK YOU VOIP!!!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Who can grind like a spaniard.

BAHAHAHHAHA
racially incorrect, btw. Pehaps like a mexican? :D

Heh. Foo'. Made me grin this did, lots even. And not just coz I like seeing you in some sort of pain, even if its just discomfort.

Just that you still got your humour. Daaang.

Look at it this way tho-- the number of times that VOIP thing dies on us? You would've probably broken something in frustration. Perhaps a computer table. Or even-- egad-- an LDR. Nah. Cheap shot.

[Psst... "soiled underwear"? Try talcum powder for them rashes. Arf]
cheesoo said…
tad bit not keeping in the spirit of the post but WHAT card costs 5 and lets u talk for that long?
Reej Q said…
On the opposite end of the same story, there was a time when a 250 Rs. card would give me only 3 minutes!!!!!

Fuck VOIP... you can say THAT again ://// *grumble*grumble*
Majaz said…
Mohabbat main ahsaas e sood o zyaan khatam hojata hai Bhai...

Calling card ho chahay credit. Exam ho chahey test chahay zindagi ka important-tareen mission. Koi maanay nahin rakhte.

If the man of my life (1200 km away) and I pooled in on our accounts that we've spent on phone calls ... we'd probably end up a figure enough to buy the Maldives.

But the conclusion? Not a single regret about a single penny. His voice makes it all worth it.

More in fact.. now that I come to think of it......

*misty grin*

Popular Posts