fever stained silences speak softly

And when it ends, all you will remember is the way I used to hold your hand
Slowly, ever so slowly, like a wound healing, the pieces fit. Reality is much heavier to bear than the burden of dreams, it’s more ruthless than the curse of temptation.
This apology is long over due.
And in the sun I see no god, no shades of gold.
Only you.
It aches like a mother fucker to become what we must become. Be it led by an unyielding heart, mind or world. But we acquiesce like silent, obedient Pinocchios, with hearts that collapse every time we try to defy the cruel hubris of merely being alive.
Some term it selfishness. Some say its man’s inane inability to deny his intrinsic core made of solid evil. I think it has more to do with choosing what we want to remember. And always choosing wrong.
There’s no fire in the hearth now, there’s no face in the moon
We got to get the fuck out of here on a smoke balloon
I try to recall
What you said through it all
But all I can remember
Is that day in November
When I lay writhing in delirium
Watching angels fall
But all I really noticed
Was the writing on the wall
The writing on the wall
Rang like a siren’s call
It bemoaned and beseeched
To me to try to crawl
Up out of my dementia
And into insanity
Curl up into the arms
Of depravity
It said:
Sup!
Mother Fucker!
Did u think it would be easy?
Did you think you could forget,
What you don’t want to remember?
Did you think you can fly,
Right on out of my life?
Did you think I wouldn’t haunt
You from dusk till dawn
Did you think I’d let you sleep
After what you did to me?
It whispered like you moaned
It stuttered like you stoned
It wrapped up all around me
Like meat on a bone
It strangled and choked
like cow dung smoke
I looked for rope
But found some dope
So I sat down stoked
As the roof’s water broke
And the windows made love
And the curtains wept blood
But your eyes never burnt
No your eyes never burnt
And like the tide you turned
And like the sun I set
Are your fingers still wet?
Did you remember to forget?
All that could’ve been?
All that never should have been?
the writing on the wall…
Was your name, after all.

Comments

a Caferatian comment would be... wah. nice, tight verse.

Like your soul is, that dark little chip of coal, stuck up this universe's arse.

now. write sober. i want a story.
Anonymous said…
"But we acquiesce like silent, obedient Pinocchios, with hearts that collapse every time we try to defy the cruel hubris of merely being alive."... a line like that!...

preceded in the same paragraph by "it aches like a mother fucker" (how does a mother fucker ache?)

why rob the reader of their orgasm!?

...
Reej Q said…
i came in here to say 'wow' but read the comment up there first and all i can do now is laugh (:

Popular Posts