Acerbic Esoterica

Nary a whimper

Nor a tear drop in sight

Not for you my love,

Not tonight.

You’ll never know

So imperceptibly I cry

As upon my pursed lips

Hope quietly dies

I’m a glutton for the pain

You irrevocably yield

In your happiest of days

My sorrows are revealed

Every smile upon your face

Resurrects surrendered sighs

As upon my pursed lips

Hope quietly dies

Be nothing more than a passing glance

Condemned to the randomness of chance

Nothing more than happenstance

But nothing less than all of life

Bled me dry to gain respite

Your laughter echoes as if in spite

Wish you the best and all that jive

Though I really don’t

Though I really don’t

I just really do

Wish for you

To die.


The casualty of your inconsistency.

Internet killed romance, you cannot bathe an email in perfume without effectively destroying your email producing machine. You do not need to look someone in their eyes as you break their hearts. It’s easier to be cruel now than ever before.

And make no mistake, cruel is what you are, although in your world it probably doesn’t seem so.

I shall let you be happy, in all my benevolent glory, I shall indeed. Weddings were never my thing anyway. I’m letting you be happy because I don’t drink anymore. Gentlemen don’t make scenes, dad used to say, he never mentioned any exceptions to that rule, not vengeance, not heartache, not love, not alcohol poisoning. I’m letting you be happy because I know I know I know I know there ain’t no sunshine when you’re gone but at least in the dark I can’t see, I can’t see you burying me.

Happiness is a contrite concept, at best. Does it exist? In your world it probably does, but that’s only cuz you sucked mine dry of it. So I’m letting you be happy cuz you never loved me. Cuz, when the sun sets the sky is fucking purple. Cuz its gonna be a bad night for drunk driving. Cuz no one ever wins a war, no one loses. Koee marta nahin kisee kay liye. Umeed akeli marti hai. (no one dies for anyone. Hope dies alone). Lonely too, perhaps. I wish you misery. I hope you wear white. Heh, no I don’t. Hope is dead. Death, is hope.

Comments

Anonymous said…
is she geting married?
Barooq said…
I love weddings...


P.S
Does it mean, you'll get over it and not write these hilarious sad stories? :P
I don't think so btw.
Anonymous said…
you're still at it! (slap)
you didnt need the fucking purple line.

But all else... haha shit. I wish I was as good as you at doing this. But then again, Im glad I aint.

My friend of misery... which is a great frikkin song.

*will* you listen to until it sleeps when u see this?
Anonymous said…
i know it's all american psychological bullshit but may be, just may be this is good for you cause it'll give you the closure you obviously need?

the thing is...i don't think we can ever really get over someone we once loved. i don't think love is as flexible as we think it is. i think sometimes, even when you don't want it to, it lasts forever. we just have to set it aside and move on because...well, honestly, i don't know WHY...like i've said before, i actually like the way you refuse to accept conventional wisdom and 'get over it'. i, on the other hand, am a sheep.

on another note: damn, i wish i lived in the same city as you. i can totally picture us getting stoned together and bitching about bastard exes who deserve to die!

Popular Posts