I want my Crazy


I remember when, I remember, I remember when I lost my mind

There was something so pleasant about that phase.

Even your emotions had to let go

In so much space



And when you're out there

Without care,

Yeah, I was out of touch

But it wasn't because I didn't know enough

I just knew too much



Does that make me crazy

Does that make me crazy

Does that make me crazy

Probably



And I hope that you are having the time of your life

But think twice, that's my only advice

Come on now, who do you, who do you, who do you, who do you think you are,

Ha ha ha bless your soul

You really think your'e in control



Well, I think you're crazy

I think you're crazy

I think you're crazy

Just like me



My heroes had the heart to lose their lives out on a limb

And all I remember is thinking, I want to be like them

Ever since I was little, ever since I was little it looked like fun

And it's no coincidence I've come

And I can die when I'm done



Maybe I'm crazy

Maybe you're crazy

Maybe we're crazy

Probably



Gnarls Barkley



Just when i thought i could safely give up the hope of having good new music

created by the retards churning out crap rap and shitty pop, this one comes and

makes me keep from flicking away from MTV.

Gnarls Barkley! Full marks for the moniker there, and a couple of million bonus

points for the massively innovative video.

But, and its a huge BUT. Its not the video on MTV that is making me write up an

ode to this new classic. That i witnessed a week ago and didn't really care about

enough to download the song. NO, it was in fact the lack of any CDs in my car as I

returned home after a hair cut and a trip to the movie store. I turned on the radio

and was enthralled. Immediately, yes I was. Like I had been impaled by a spear made

of voice and a strumming six string. I refused to drive and turned up the volume

to let the gorgeous, almost seductive female voice slowly ooze in

thru my ears.

She sang with a fervor which seems subdued in comparison to the original, but the

nuances of her tone made sure that no bit of emotion being put in was missed.

And at the end of it i sat a bit overwhelmed, by mouth pouting in appreciation.

Sadly, the 'RJ' neglected to mention who the singer was leaving me agitated to no end.

Agitated infact to such a degree that i called up the station as soon as i got home

but couldn't get through. So i sought the digital route and sent in a inquiry

pertaining to the particulars of that song.

NO reply yet, and i have exhausted all the results brought up by Google and yahoo and

currently have about 7 different version of the song. None of them, unfortunately is

the one i was looking for.

So i am forced to beg and beseech all those who read my blog. If you were for some

cosmic reason tuned it to FM 89 when this song was placed and paid enough attention

to note the name of the singer, PLEASE let me know.

If you happen to know what I'm talking about plus a location where that version can

be downloaded, yur my new best friend.

The girl singing the song, sounded young. Had a very succinct American accent but

could possibly be one of the up coming performers from our very own country.

IN any case, I’m desperate to know. And hungry to have the song on a cd at my

disposal, any leads will be appreciated.



Comments

Majaz said…
Although this is a pretty hip hop version. Don't know if this is the one you're looking for. :S
Phitaymaun said…
send send send!!! You can email it to real_hourglass@hotmail.com or add that up on msn for a file transfer. Will appreciate it.
BTWm how do you feel about the song?
Barooq said…
She has the original version I guess...
Also, it just occurred to me...
Have you seen "Age of innocence"?

If not, do it. You should love it.
And dont read the novel, just watch the movie.
Majaz said…
The song's video is what I'm most attracted to. Being a psychologist, it has that whole Rorschach thing going for me.

I'm currently more in love with stuff like August Rush's soundtrack. You must give that a hear too. Especially Bari Improv and August's Rhapsody in C Minor. Chilling, I tell you.

I'll email that to you as well. Have got both songs with me.

I gotta warn you though, I don't have the version of Crazy which is sung by a woman. I have the original Gnarls Barkley version. Sending in a couple of moments. Cheers.
Phitaymaun said…
You know the only reason i actually tolerate other people is because new associations often lead to exposure to new music. You of course have the added benefit of being the only one who still reads this blog, even if just to diss it and who's opinion i actually consider worth thinking about ;) So yes please bring it on!!! August Rush and more!!! I'm a glutton for music good bad ugly whatever... lend an ear to You ex-lover's dead by the Stars. The music is awesome! I love the lyrics too but i have well documented reasons for that, you may not appreciate them as much but still the symphony is instant-appreciative-smile inducing. If you haven't heard it just indicate and i'll shoot it over.
Majaz said…
You never give up do you. When are you going to admit you're just a nice guy who likes to pretend he's a jerk? Just so he doesn't have to explain he's a nice guy?

:p

On a serious note, I'll give that a whirl too. New music is something I'm pretty capable of discovering myself (yeah, that's my fault, a little too much self-respect for my own darn good :D) so I tolerate other people because it was in God's good will for it to be.

That's another fault (not). I'm an eternal optimist deep down inside.
Phitaymaun said…
if i stopped being a jerk, you'd stop picking on me and then where we'd be? Lost in cyberspace! Being a jerk who's a nice guy deep down in the pit of his stomach has kept me safe from people who are the opposite. You would agree that such people are the bane of the human condition.
Majaz said…
I agree. I vehemently agree.
Phitaymaun said…
Hallelujah! Finally!
Majaz said…
Oh come on, drama queen. It's not that bad. I do occasionally agree with you.
Nelly Furtado. Acoustic.
sarah said…
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FId4ldARIF4
sarah said…
actually, may be it's this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7k6gEL0KrcM&feature=related

Popular Posts