the (hopefully breif) return of the Devdas in me.

Shadows

Linger,

And light dreams,

Of sullen and morbid,

Fantasies.

The smoke

Rises,

To your grave;

Dug deep beneath

My memories.

I hold on for rapture

Hang on to defeat

And bring to reason

Our destinies.

I stomped and you chewed

Till we made our hearts bleed

Now we look back in wonder

At what we achieved

I live in your penitence

You live in my dreams

With blood on my toes

And veins in your teeth

Swollen and battered

Broken and scattered

Like so many unwanted

Children of defeat

It is, as you said, it was meant to be

We live now in broken soliloquies

Darkness descends

Like well placed blame

Brings dread and fear

Feeds hate and shame

The serenity strangles

The peace maims

I slowly surrender

Screaming,

Your name.

Comments

Rude Awakenings said…
Your words leave no room for after thoughts. Mind stoper.

Sonia
discopapaya said…
devaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

:p
benz said…
kaki maaaaaaaa paro hai ..:)
.
.
.
.
.
you have a mind blowing way of expressing your thoughts ... u know the art of pouring your words into paper...
Phitaymaun said…
Egg: Thnku for the compliment, you'd have to read a lot more into my blog to see the connection.

Mehwish: Welcome back.

Sonia: Your kindness leaves no room for gratitude.

DP: He's dead, don't waste your breath.


Benz: Welcome back.
I have no ways and i have no art. All i have is a lot more angst than i can safely contain. But thanks neway.
Dirty Dan said…
good one beknighted.

i aint a big fan of bollywood movies either but i thought devdas was quality.

Popular Posts