Misty Mind.

The fog outside around engulfs surrounds. Future of the nation, quality education… echoes of your laughter,
my dwindling belief in the hereafter. Priorities prostitute themselves to states of mind… its hard not to miss you in this fear stained silence… its impossible to ignore the haze laden kids braving miles of irate traffic on this barely visible day to get themselves taught.

They yell greetings to us men in pants and designer shirts because we look so clean and so much like the movies. Swades comes true and I’m carrying the torch of freedom/knowledge/progress/hope… whatever they want to see, I’d fucking torch my life for you’ but even you didn’t seem to notice that.

Their eyes light up when I mouth the word ‘free’, there is no better balm than a thousand children’s glee. My hand shakes hands with feather light grace, the boys smile the happiest, but the girls… the girls beam proud. Daft cunt parents learn the worth of a daughter. They clap when my sermon’s done, I pretend to care when I really just want to let Faiz remind me of how much I miss you.

And with the sun, the indifference returns… to the future and to the past and mostly, specifically, indubitably, thankfully, to you.

Comments

wah.

dare I say "you're getting better?"

maybe older. maybe.

you're a good man, onion. This despite the fact you will bald early.

*grin*

Popular Posts