Statua Ornus

<>I turn to ashes
You turn to stone
I’m scattered and stranded
You’re all alone

<>The sky must be falling
Cuz now I am crawling
Over your granite tears
Your petrified soul <>

You look like heaven
But sound like hell
You’re crafted in marble
But rendered in groans <>

Everything is nothing
It’s all turned to dust
Passion surrendered
Love dethroned
Bring on the guillotine
Let the severed be mourned
You shall have no redemption
For I am atoned
<>
Toast the setting sun
Raise your voice in song
Embrace the inevitable
And let it be known
Devotion has dwindled
And feeling is scorned
What once was worshipped
Is now bemoaned <>

I’ve turned to ashes
You’ve turned to stone

Comments

Ozair said…
beknighted! :D i like this more than the onion wala poem! :) and its very much like the way i write my stuff... or atleast i think i do... the religious connotations are nicely dealt with... id say its quite a common feeling nowadays huh? i dont think iv misinterpreted the poem ... or have i...??:) all in all its very well written... by the by<--- wot does statua ornus mean??
Phitaymaun said…
Thnx.
statua ornus = statues of ash.
And there really is no wrong or right interpretation for a poem, its meaning is whatever a reader wants it to mean. If it means anything at all, then its a job well done.
BaptizedLucifer said…
acha when is that HAPPY HAPPY poem coming up? is one ever coming up? Itnay arsay ba'ad update aur phir negative. :-(

sad stuff makes nf smile, which is cool yeah?

(great work, once again... magar HAPPY wali poem par bhi kaam jari hona chahi hai)
Phitaymaun said…
Its not negative :(... just sad.
And NF is cool, she gets the happiness nestled within the sad in my stuff. Thnku Ms. feet ;).
I dun thik there will be happy stuff on this blog, ever. I just dun do happy.
Sowwy.
expressome said…
firstly, Thankyou..=) for leaving the comments on my blog. As for Faiz and Ghalib..Iabsolutely love reading both...but i am notat allan authority on either, there are still many of their works I havent read or come across, so pl do share. As for this poem of ures...it is absolutely amazing! very well written. and very very relatable...i dont know wat context its been written in, but Im obviously interpreting it my own way. I especially love the title, statues of ash....

Popular Posts